Buildings in Fabric

László Székely

The historic buildings in Fabric, apart from stoically holding their ground as time goes by, bring history into sight and silently tell stories. This is the place they are presented, from their beginnings up until now.


str. Uzinei, no. 1
The Hydro-Electric Plant

Before Bega was regularized, Fabric was crossed by many of the river’s arms, which fuelled the factories and the four mills in the neighbourhood. This not only hampered Fabric’s...

sq. Romanilor, no. 1
Ştefania Palace

At the beginning of the 1900s, in order to widen 3 August 1919 Blvd (Andrássy Road at the time), Timişoara City Hall bought Risticz and Sigmund’s ground floor houses and demolis...

blvd. 3 August 1919, no. 1
Székely Widow's House

The Székely Widow's House was one of the first buildings constructed on Andrássy (today 3 August 1919 Boulevard), which marks the monumental entrance in Fabric. It was built in ...