The Mirbach House
Alternative Namen: Countess Ana Mirbach's House
In the 19th century, on this land there was a one-level house belonging to Pavle Sterio Polichroni. His daughter, Ana Maria, married to Count Mirbach, built the present house between 1904-1905.
The Mirbach House was built following the plans of architect Josef Kremmer Senior, in a 1900s style (Secession current). The Mirbach Palace bears the name of the countess, but it was never her residence.
The Mirbach House was only a tenement home in which, in the first half of the 20th century, various workshops and trading companies led their affairs, like “A. Schönbrunn & Pinkesz” textile wholesale shop, “Schnabel” garment shop, Korona Bank, “H. M. Engel” watchmaking shop, “Wilhelm Fulop” men’s tailor, textile and gallantry shop, “Steingaszner & Thellmann” smithery, “Haring Gustav” textile and gallantry shop, etc. In the same time, in interbelic times, in the Mirbach House there were the Serbian library in Fabric and the Temišvarski Vesnik editorial office.
In the 1989 Revolution, a commercial space of the house was set on fire.
Historische Fotos
Postkarte senden!
Illustration von Dan Ungureanu
Kein Material dieser Online-Plattform/Website darf ohne ausdrückliche vorherige Genehmigung durch schriftliche Zustimmung des Vereins PRIN BANAT teilweise, vollständig oder in veränderter Form reproduziert werden. Nutzungsbedingungen.