The House of the Orthodox Community
Part of the Serbian ensemble, alongside the Serbian Episcopalian Church and the Palace of Serbian Orthodox Episcopate, The House of the Orthodox Community was built in the first half of the 20th century, between 1821 and 1824. The building, whose plan is shaped like the letter ”U”, has a basement and three storeys, and a facade opening towards the square.
The aesthetic of the facade is typical of the 19th century, with Classical and Baroque elements. Notice the entrance gate ending in a basket arch, flanked by four Ionic columns, two on each side, the commercial ground floor, and the central part of the facade, slightly jutting out. In 1981 when the square was redesigned in Baroque manner, the architect Șerban Sturdza also added a Classicist pediment to this edifice.
Küldj képeslapot!
Illusztráció: Ovidiu Batista
Az online platform/weboldal egyetlen anyaga sem reprodukálható részben, egészben vagy módosított formában a PRIN BANAT Egyesület előzetes kifejezett engedélye és írásbeli beleegyezése nélkül. Felhasználási feltételek.