Art Nouveau/Secession style buildings

The historic buildings in Fabric, apart from stoically holding their ground as time goes by, bring history into sight and silently tell stories. This is the place they are presented, from their beginnings up until now.


2 Romanilor sq.
Miksa Róna Palace

According to images from the beginning of the 20th century, on the site where the Miksa (Max) Róna Apartment Building and the Ştefania Apartment Building are now located, there ...

4 Ștefan Cel Mare str.
Miksa Róna Palace

According to images from the beginning of the 20th century, on the site where the Miksa (Max) Róna Apartment Building and the Ştefania Apartment Building are now located, there ...

2 Traian sq.
The Mercur Palace

The Mercur House was constructed between 1908-1909, in Secession style, replacing a more modest house. The silent partner, Adalbert (Béla) Fiatska, was the president of the ‘Hu...

2 Nistrului Drv.
Károly Kiss House

According to old images, the rental house located on Nistrului Drive no. 2 was probably built between 1913-1914. It belonged to the city engineer Károly Kiss, the brother-in-law...

3 3 August 1919 blvd.
Karl Kunz House

Fabric was the neighbourhood in Timişoara where the Kunz family members erected the most buildings, both for themselves, and for their clients. The house on number 3, 3 August ...

1 Romanilor sq.
Ştefania Palace

At the beginning of the 1900s, in order to widen 3 August 1919 Blvd (Andrássy Road at the time), Timişoara City Hall bought Risticz and Sigmund’s ground floor houses and demolis...

5 3 August 1919 blvd.
Franz Anheuer Palace

The Franz Anheuer Palace was built between 1900-1901 in Secession style, with the help of civil engineer and designer Eduard (Ede) Reiter. It was built in the same with the Igna...

10 Dacilor str.
Kovács House

At the end of the 20th century, on the premises of the current Kovács House, there was another building, in which the third pharmacy in Fabric was founded. The opening of ‘La S...

1 Uzinei str.
The Hydro-Electric Plant

Before Bega was regularized, Fabric was crossed by many of the river’s arms, which fuelled the factories and the four mills in the neighbourhood. This not only hampered Fabric’s...

33 3 August 1919 blvd.
The Mirbach House

In the 19th century, on this land there was a one-level house belonging to Pavle Sterio Polichroni. His daughter, Ana Maria, married to Count Mirbach, built the present house be...

7 3 August 1919 blvd.
Ignacz Heymann Palace

The Ignacz Heymann Palace and Anheuer House got their construction permit and were finalized in the same time, but they presented completely opposite plastic expressions. The A...

1 3 August 1919 blvd.
Székely Widow's House

The Székely Widow's House was one of the first buildings constructed on Liget street (today 3 August 1919 Boulevard), which marks the monumental entrance in Fabric. It was built...

9 3 August 1919 blvd.
Steiner House

Max (Miksa) Steiner developed the Max Steiner Spodium Factory, situated on Buziaşului Road in Fabric, which produced spodium (bone flour and animal coal). Thanks to the factory,...