Székely Widow's House
Egyéb elnevezések: Zsuszanna Székely's Palace / Mihály Székely’s Madam’s House
The Székely Widow's House was one of the first buildings constructed on Liget street (today 3 August 1919 Boulevard), which marks the monumental entrance in Fabric. It was built in 1911, in just 8 months, on the land of the former state wood depot, which was disbanded in 1906.
The edifice stands out with its plastic character, based on simple and abstract geometric decor, announcing the paths that the world’s architecture would take in the future decades.
It was designed in a Viennese Secession style by László Székely, Timişoara’s senior architect between 1903-1922, for his mother, Zsuszanna Székely (born Mados).
According to the century old tradition, it became known as The Szekely Widow’s House or Mihály Székely’s Madam’s House, according the century old tradition. In the interbelic times, Zsuszanna Székely was the president of The Timişoara Evangelical-Reformed Women’s Reunion, along with Ilona Draszkozi.
Korabeli fotók
Küldj képeslapot!
Illusztráció: Dan Ungureanu
Az online platform/weboldal egyetlen anyaga sem reprodukálható részben, egészben vagy módosított formában a PRIN BANAT Egyesület előzetes kifejezett engedélye és írásbeli beleegyezése nélkül. Felhasználási feltételek.