Heritage of Timișoara

Elisabetin 6 General Henri Berthelot str.

Ernő Neuhaus Apartment building

Completion date:

May 6, 1906

  • Architect: Unknown
  • Former Owner: Ernő Neuhaus
  • Construction authorization: June 27, 1905
  • Property type: Private property
  • Protection type: Historical Site
    Urban site "Vechiul cartier Iosefin"
    TM-II-s-B-06098
  • Main arch. style Historicist/Eclectic
  • Building condition Very good
  • Planimetry Rectangular
  • No. of levels 2
  • Current functions Multiple property
    Bar/Coffee shop




Built at the beginning of the 20th century, the house bears decoration typical of 1900s’ architecture, although its structure and spatial organization belong to the 19th century. The house belonged to the entrepreneur Ernő Neuhaus, who owned two more buildings nearby, on Gheorghe Doja street.

In Dushky’s illustration, time twists and contorts until it almost vanishes, and personalities from the city’s past, scenes of present life and fictional characters playfully animate the Secession facade of a building.

Authors of this file:

Research & text: Mihai-Claudiu Moldovan

Field research & mapping: Vlad Pată (coordonator)

Translation into English: Cristina Chira

Photographer: Flavius Neamciuc

Last modified: 4 months ago

Niciun material de pe această platformă online/site nu poate fi reprodus parţial, integral, modificat fără permisiunea anterioară explicită, prin acordul scris al Asociaţiei PRIN BANAT.


Conţinutul acestei platforme online/site, textele, grafica, fotografiile, software-ul, logo-urile şi orice alte materiale prezente pe site sunt protejate de legea dreptului de autor şi sunt proprietatea Asociaţiei PRIN BANAT. Află mai multe în secțiunea Terms & Conditions.

labels.frontend.comments.title.building