The Serbian Community House
Alternative names: The Minerva Foundation House
In the 19th century, on the allotment there was the Serbian foundation house, erected by Nikola Ilija Papa and Jovan Preda.
In 1894, the building licence is issued for the current construction. Works are finalized on the 29th of July, 1895.
The Serbian Community House, also known as The Minerva Foundation House, was built in eclectic style, similar to the Second Empire current, a characteristic of the mid second half of the 20th century. On the building’s ground floor, there was, for a lot of time, the Kohn Brothers’ shop and, later, the trinkets and fashion items shop belonging to the Csendes merchants family.
Vintage photos
Send a postcard!
No material from this online platform/website may be partially or fully reproduced or modified without the prior explicit permission, by written consent of the PRIN BANAT Association. Terms & Conditions.