The Anheuer House was built between 1900-1901 in Secession style, with the help of civil engineer and designer Eduard (Ede) Reiter. It was built in the same with the J. Haymann House, but the two buildings present completely different plastic expressions.
Its facade stands out through the beautiful feminine figures and the golden lyres adorning the second floor. Franz Anheuer, who had the house built, was the manager of the Savings Bank. His name appears on the list of the last 224 municipal counsellors who, on the 28th of October 1918, in the General Assembly, unanimously decided that:
- The city wishes for the immediate ending of peace.
- Hungary’s independence will be passed according to the law.
- Equality of nationalities will be ensured.
- The right to a universal, equal, and secret vote is asked.
- Freedom of association is asked.
- A national democratic government should be named.
This decision could not be fulfilled because in only three days, on the 31st of October, the ‘Aster Revolution’ reached Timişoara from Budapest and the Banat Republic was proclaimed.